Top 10 iPhone 2.0 feature demands

1. GPS

As the owner of a first-gen iPhone, I'd say the feature it's most calling out for is GPS. If I was forced to choose between 3G data speeds and GPS tracking, I'd opt for GPS and tolerate EDGE data speeds. Maps on the iPhone is awesome - although admittedly slow over EDGE so, yes, I'd really like GPS *and* 3G. I love the way Maps integrates Google Maps with my address book and then lets me generate turn-by-turn directions, but GPS for proper satellite navigation is the missing piece in the puzzle. Hopefully first-gen iPhones upgraded to 2.0 firmware will be able to access an external GPS adaptor for in-car navigation, perhaps via Bluetooth.

2. Tethering

3G is kind of a given in the new iPhone, but why can't I use my first-gen iPhone as a broadband modem for my notebook? The practice is known as tethering and practically every other high-end phone on the market supports this feature. Some say the lack of tethering is so AT&T users in the US don't take advantage of the unlimited data plans, but how about thinking about the rest of the world for a change? If this is the reason behind disabling tethering, the move to 3G isn't likely to encourage Apple to change its mind. While they might be generous with mobile bandwidth in the US, telcos in most other countries (like Australia) are highly unlikely to offer unlimited data plans with the iPhone, so they'd probably see tethering as a great way to sting users for excess data charges.

3. Option to disable data connectivity

One of the biggest risks for iPhone users is data bill shock - not only because the iPhone makes mobile data services more tempting to use, but because the iPhone starts chewing through mobile bandwidth as soon as you take it out of the box. When the phone goes to sleep it shuts down wifi to save power and uses the mobile phone network to monitor your email and run other background processes - racking up your data bill. On an unhacked first-gen iPhone there is no way to disable this (short of changing the APN), which is a huge problem if you're not on an unlimited data plan. On a hacked iPhone, an app like Boss Prefs lets you disable data access yet still make calls and send SMS.

4. Wireless syncing

I shouldn't need to physically attach the phone to my computer to transfer music and podcasts to the phone. Even the ability to sync with a Google Calendar over the air would be a step in the right direction.

5. Subscribe to podcasts wirelessly

Similar to demand number 4, I want my iPhone to automatically suck down my favourite podcasts and vodcasts from the internet each week so I don't have to sync them from a computer at all. Sure it's easy to connect your phone to your computer, but I want to keep the charge cradle on the kitchen bench, not connected to a desktop computer. Of course I then want an option to tell the iPhone to only suck down podcasts via wifi, so I'm not racking up a mobile data bill. The ideal situation would be for the iPhone to wake up in the middle of the night, check for a wifi network and the automatically pull down my podcasts of choice.

Some might say I'm already asking for too much, but I'd got a few more demands of the crew at Cupertino.

2 comments:

felisha green said...


Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact cybergoldenhacker he is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more this great hacker has also worked for me and i got results of spouse whats-app messages,call logs, text messages, viber,kik, Facebook, emails. deleted text messages and many more this hacker is very fast cheap and affordable he has never disappointed me for once contact him if you have any form of hacking problem am sure he will help you THANK YOU.
contact: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

Amalia Eva said...

hackingsetting50@gmail.com
Hi, He's a professional and a reliable hacker and he offers hacking services for the world. Some of his services are:

- Western Union Transfer /Hack
- Money Gram Transfer / Hack
- Paypal Transfer /Hack
- Cell phone hacking
- Calls and messages hack
- Get any password from any Email Address.
- Get any password from any Facebook, Twitter, Instagram account and any Social platforms.
- Cell phones hacking (whatsapp, viber, line, wechat, etc)
- IP addresses and people tracking.
- Hacking courses and classes.
His services is the best and 100% secured and guaranteed.

Just write him and ask for your desired service:
HIS EMAIL ADDRESS: hackingsetting50@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.