- First check the task manager find any suspicious processes.
- Next open MSConfig (Go to run, and type msconfig). You will find amvo.exe under the startup tab. It is located in Windows\System32 folder.
- Uncheck the process, and closed the msconfig window.
- Next open Registry Editor (go to run, and type regedit). search for "amvo.exe" and you will find one entry. Delete the whole key.
- Set the option to "show hidden files" (Go to Tools> View in windows explorer), as virus file is hidden. But it will not allow. As soon as you set it to show hidden files and clicked on ok, it will change back to "Don't show hidden files". For enabling show hidden file go to registy and make the changes given below.
- User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
Value Name: Hidden
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (1 = show hidden, 2 = do not show)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.